joi, 20 mai 2010

Reasons

I spoke with my imaginary friend tonight. He’s name is Robert, more often than it should be, when I get tired of that name I call him different, the good thing is that he always talks to me, no matter how I call him. We fought. He caught me crying and asked me why.

WHY? I said. Because I saw Romeo and Juliet tonight.

I never saw any screenplay of Romeo and Juliet nor read it. I always thought it’s a pathetic story about two morons who chose to give up and die better than fight for what they wanted. Tonight though I came to another conclusion: they both had everything. My mind is so messed up from the society in which I live that for a moment there I thought Mercucio was gay for there was no other reason to give your life for someone other than you’re either family or lover. I stopped believing in friendship a long time ago and love is another reason to leave this world for there nothing so pure can survive in it.

As for their love, at least they had something to die for cause in this world there is only one motif to stay alive, finding a good reason to die for. I don’t even have that.



Niciun comentariu: