marți, 12 februarie 2013

Dreams



Dreams, we all have them, big or small about things we want to do, places we want to go.I was never one to settle for mediocrity, I was never one to dream of being a corporatist twat, with lost of money and a high end apartment in the fanciest area of the city I'm living in because that's just not me. But one dream still lingers, ever since I can remember and that dream is New York.
In Arizona Dream, Johnny Depp says about New York that is "the only place in the world with real magnetic pull" and I tend to believe him but I don't want the glamorous life New York has to offer, I don't want the clubs and the Cosmopolitans, the money and the fame. I want the struggle, the art, the theaters and the museums. I want to fall in love with Broadway, I want to see Cats and Guys and Dolls and Sweeney Todd (if that's still a show on Broadway). I want to go to the Met and the Guggenheim Museum and post myself in front of a painting and stare at it for hours at a time until they kick me out at closing.
I want to go to Central Park and sit on the Alice in Wonderland statue, I want to go to Washington Square Park and loose myself in a book, on a bench in the sun. I want to go to the CBGB's and see the history of music unravel in front of me, to enter a music store, where they have old vinyl records and where the salesman knows every little detail about every band that ever was.
I want to live in Queens or Brooklyn in the world's smallest apartment where I'd have just a bed and an easel and ride the train to Manhattan.
I want to be afraid of starting this adventure but brave enough to do it in spite of that.

Niciun comentariu: